2013 Case Competition
The 2013 Illinois MBA Strategy Case Competition was held February 7 – 9 in the Business Instructional Facility. Ten schools (Arizona State, Baylor, Connecticut, Hong Kong UST, Illinois, Iowa State, Michigan State, Minnesota, Penn State, and Purdue) participated in this exciting competition.
Event sponsors were Bosch, HD Supply, and Whirlpool.
The event commenced with a networking reception on February 7 where participants had the opportunity to network with each other, current Illinois students and staff, and a representative from Bosch. The case was distributed on Friday morning and participants had 24 hours to analyze a complex business strategy case about Dropbox and prepare their recommendations and presentation. On Saturday morning all participants presented to a panel of judges, composed of College of Business alumni and representatives from the sponsoring companies, in the preliminary round. The top three teams advanced to the final round, and all were welcome to watch the final round of presentations.
The results were as follows:
- 1st place – University of Connecticut
- 2nd place – Baylor University
- 3rd place – Purdue University
Best Speaker Award
- Christopher Gaito, University of Connecticut
- Sherri Sanchez, Baylor University
Best Q&A Award
- Bobby Lewellen, Baylor University
- Siddhartha Sharan, University of Connecticut
- Thomas Totoe, Baylor University